Scope of this Policy
Information collected by The Standard
The Standard registration and customer support
You may choose to provide The Standard information when you register to use a The Standard website or Service, request a Services demonstration, contact The Standard for support or other offerings, or attend an event or forum in which The Standard is participating. During such processes, The Standard collects personal information that identifies you. The Standard may collect, for example, your name, company name, address, email, phone number, financial, billing or payment information, position, or title.
The Standard receives and stores certain information about how you use our websites and Services when you visit a The Standard website or use our Services. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit a The Standard website. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone setting, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. When you visit a The Standard website, your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our website, the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website.
The Standard receives information about how you use our websites and Services through the use of first-party and third-party cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. Our servers collect similar information when you are logged into our website or Services. The information The Standard receives through cookies and similar technologies may be anonymous or it may be associated with you, depending on the website or Services you are using.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
The Standard social networking pages
The Standard maintains its own pages on many social networking sites. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
The Standard online advertising
The Standard advertises online, including displaying The Standard ads across the Internet on websites and in apps. When we advertise online to you, we collect information about which ads are displayed to you, which ads you click on, and on which web page the ad was displayed to you.
Public chat, message boards and user postings
The Standard Services
The Standard provides Services to our customers. As part of the Services, our customers’ data is stored on our computers. When we provide Services that collect or process our customer data, that data is used by the customer, and not by The Standard. Our customers control what data is collected and how it is used within the The Standard Service. Our customers’ collection and use of data through the Services we provide to them are governed by our customers’ privacy policies. As a data processor, The Standard will, as required by law, cooperate with our customers in their efforts to control their data.
Use of the information collected by The Standard
The Standard uses the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you The Standard website content and Services, as well as any other services, support, or information you have requested
- Operate and improve our websites and Services, and diagnose related problems
- Personalize our website, Services, and Communications to your likely interests and needs
- Send you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription
- Send you information about The Standard, new releases, special offers, and similar marketing information
- Conduct market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Display personalized ads to you across the Internet
- Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with Communications that may be relevant to you
- Contact you via telephone to discuss The Standard Services and related offers with you
- Aggregate anonymous data from our Services used for benchmarking and to improve the Services
Newsletter subscription information
From time to time, we provide information to our customers and potential customers in the form of electronic or print newsletters. When you subscribe to our newsletter you will be added to our mailing list and will receive announcements and information about The Standard. It will be emailed or mailed to the address that you provide when you subscribe.
The Standard SMS messages
When you register for The Standard Services, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup, and we may periodically communicate with you through this SMS message service about the Services.
Sharing information collected by The Standard
The Standard works with companies that help us run our business. These companies may provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies may have access to your personal information as required to help us run our business. They are not permitted to access or use your information for their own purposes.
The Standard may also share your personal information:
- When you have consented to the sharing
- With companies affiliated with The Standard
- With The Standard resellers and other sales partners
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or Services against attacks, or protect the property and security of The Standard, or our customers and users
- To the extent necessary to meet national security, law enforcement, or public interest requirements
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a The Standard website, app, or business unit, or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information may be one of the assets that is transferred
- When we hire companies to help us market our websites and Services and provide you with information and offers related to The Standard, including displaying ads to you across the Internet
- When we enlist the services of participating third party carriers to provide the The Standard SMS message service
- When we aggregate and share information collected by our Services in order to provide statistical information or market research to third parties. Aggregated information is anonymous and does not identify individuals
Information security and storage
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and The Standard cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Your personal information and data files are stored on The Standard servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
Reviewing, updating or deleting your personal information
The Standard takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. Our websites and Services may allow you to review and edit your personal information by accessing your profile or similar feature of the website or Service you are using. For our websites, you have the ability to accept or reject cookies and similar technologies through your web browser settings. You can also use your web browser settings to prompt you each time a cookie is offered. Please review the instructions provided by the provider of your web browser for more information.
You may also submit a request to The Standard to review, edit, or delete your personal information by emailing your request to privacy@The Standard.com, or if you prefer, you can contact us through physical mail at The Standard, Inc. 772 East Utah Valley Drive, American Fork, Utah 84003, or by telephone at 1.800.899.1000. Our business hours for telephone contact are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mountain. Once we verify your identify, we will assist you with your request.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and Services you are eligible to use with your The Standard account ID, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements. For example, we may retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. Some of your information may also remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law.
Opting out of The Standard communications
You may opt out of receiving Communications by modifying your website or Service registration profile, or by unsubscribing for the marketing, mailings or newsletters you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, please submit your information through http://www.The Standard.com/unsubscribe, or follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions that are contained within the newsletter or other Communication that we send to you. You may also send an email to info@The Standard.com with “Unsubscribe” in the body, together with a description of the Communications you no longer desire to receive.
Questions or concerns